Buy Invokana Online
What is Invokana?
Invokana is an oral anti-diabetic, used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How does Invokana work?
Those with type 2 diabetes have pancreas’ that do not make enough insulin, or their bodies simply aren’t able to use it properly. Because insulin is linked to the level of sugar in your blood, diabetic people end up with a much higher amount, which Invokana works to lower and control.
What are the benefits of taking Invokana?
Diabetes is a lifelong illness, although type 2 often doesn’t develop until later in life and is linked to being overweight or inactive. Symptoms can include excessive thirst, frequent urination and extreme tiredness or fatigue.
It’s important to manage the disease, as it can cause serious health problems with your eyes, heart and nervous system, and Invokana will help you do this.
How do I use Invokana?
Invokana is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leaflet provided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, with or without food. You can take it at any time of day, however keeping your chosen time consistent will help you remember to take it.
Invokana contains the active ingredient canagliflozin, available in strengths of 100mg or 300mg per tablet.
The normal starting dose is one 100mg tablet once a day, however your doctor may increase this to 300mg if they feel this is necessary. If you have kidney problems though, they will likely keep you on the lower dose.
If you forget to take your Invokana tablet then you should take it as soon as you remember, unless it’s nearly time for your next tablet. In this case, you should skip the forgotten dose and move straight onto the next one, as you should never take a double dose.
If you take more Invokana than you should, then go to your doctor or another medical professional immediately.
Side effects & precautions
Before taking Invokana, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Invokana if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are allergic to canagliflozin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you are breastfeeding
- if you are pregnant or trying to have a baby
Your prescription of Invokana may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- if you have type 1 diabetes
- if you have severe kidney problems or are on dialysis
- if you have severe liver problems
- if you have ever had serious heart disease or if you have had a stroke
- if you are on medicines to lower your blood pressure
- if you have had a lower limb amputation
- if you have signs of a genital yeast infection such as irritation, itching, unusual discharge or odour.
Like many medications with active ingredients, Invokana can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- other antidiabetics – either insulin or a sulphonylurea
- medicines used to lower your blood pressure (anti-hypertensives)
- St. John’s wort (an herbal medicine to treat depression)
- carbamazepine, phenytoin, or phenobarbital (medicines used to control seizures)
- efavirenz or ritonavir (a medicine used to treat HIV infection)
- rifampicin (an antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis)
- cholestyramine (medicine used to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood)
- digoxin or digitoxin (medicines used for certain heart problems)
- dabigatran (blood thinner medicine)
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Invokana will be the best course of action for you. Buy Invokana Online From Skymms
Like with all diabetic patients (regardless of treatment), you should also check your feet regularly and follow the foot care advice given by your doctor. You will also need tests to check your kidney function.
Even when taking this medicine, you will still need to follow a diet and exercise plan in order to keep your diabetes well-managed. Always follow the advice of your doctor, pharmacist or nurse and contact them if you are unsure.
The most common side effects of using Invokana include:
- vaginal yeast infection
- rash or redness of the penis or foreskin (yeast infection)
- urinary tract infections
- changes in urination
- feeling thirsty
- changes in blood fat levels and amount of red blood cells in your blood
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects, such as difficulty swallowing, blurred vision or severe and persistent abdominal pain. Buy Invokana Online From Skymms